DOCENT-LED FAMILY NATURE WALKS
- Every Saturday at 9am. Meet in front of the Nature Center. No Dogs, please.more ...
NATURE TAILS STORY HOUR
- Every Saturday at 10:30am. Nature Tails is a program in which we read animal and nature stories to children visiting the Nature Center. Meet in the Children’s Corner in the museum.
- Every Saturday following Story Time.
- Every Saturday at 11:30am. (Weather permitting)
Join us as we learn about nature and our surroundings through fun, child-friendly activities and crafts. Everyone is welcome. Meet in the Nature Center Patio. $2 donation suggested.
- Wednesday, May 1 at 7:00pm.
"The Longest Straw" video depicts the project that has brought water to Los Angeles from the north through hundreds of miles of aqueducts. In the 86-minute documentary, director Samantha Bode spends 65 days backpacking the 338-mile path of the controversial Los Angeles Aqueducts during one of the worst droughts in California history. https://act.sierraclub.org/events/details?formcampaignid=7010Z000001a9eKQAQ for program details.
CALIFORNIA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY PLANT WALK
- Sunday, May 12 at 9am
Meet in front of the Nature Center
EATON CANYON GARDENING GROUP
- Sunday, May 12, at 10am.
Meet in the Native Plant Garden.
PASADENA AUDUBON SOCIETY
- Wednesday, May 15, at 7:30pm
"Channel Islands Bald Eagles" presented by Annie Little.
Channel Island Bald Eagles were a core constituent of Southern California’s Bald Eagle population, and these nesting birds were equally an important element of the ecosystem of the islands. http://www.pasadenaaudubon.org/?q=meetings
SOUTHWESTERN HERPETOLOGISTS SOCIETY
- Thursday, May 16 at 7:30pm
See website for information:
- Friday, May 17 meet in Nature Center lobby at 7:15pm
see flyer ...
EATON CANYON CONSERVATION WORK DAY
- Saturday, May 18 from 9am to noon.
RSVP required. Email: email@example.com
AUDUBON BIRD WALK
- Sunday, May 19, at 8am. Meet leader Hill Penfold in front of the Nature Center.
- Sunday, May 19 from 10am to noon.
Meet at the picnic tables by the pond.
TRAILSIDE/TABLETOP NATURE DISCOVERIES
- Sunday, May 19 from 1pm to 4pm.
"Nature's Recyclers" with Pam & Melanie. Stop by in the Nature Center Patio.
CALIFORNIA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY
- Thursday, May 23, at 7:30pm.
"La Tuna Canyon regeneration" presented by Kitty Connolly.
On September 1, 2017, a fire broke out in La Tuna Canyon, about four miles from the Theodore Payne Foundation. Even while the fire was burning, Canyon residents were speculating about what to plant to stabilize the steep slopes.https://www.cnps-sgm.org/showevent.php?id=249&ty=3&rl=1
WE ♥ BEES
- Sunday, June 2 from 10am to 4pm.
Come meet and learn about our AMAZING Bees. more ...